Friday, November 25, 2011

Makeshift tools of the trade

We don't have a table saw or jig saw, so my husband has helped me set up makeshift jigs for our router to cut windows and trim wood. I've made a few mistakes, but I have to keep reminding myself, "it's just a dollhouse". For now its working out, but I am realizing how having the right tools makes all the difference.

I picked up this metal gluing jig from Earth and Tree Miniatures, and it has been really useful. I'm making the staircase out of one inch acrylic bar. At this rate it's going to be the best part of the house. For now I'm calling it the Fashion House. More to report after paint dries.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! The stairs are going to be amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathi!

    At this point, I think the stairs will be the coolest part of the house. I hope to have them glued up and standing in a few days. :)

    mini smiles,
    mmh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. I was telling the people at Earth and Tree (I was at their store last night because it's 15 minutes from where I work) that someone else from the challenge had mentioned ordering from them a while back. I can't believe it was you! And those lucite stairs are totally bitchin'. Peace.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.