Thursday, October 27, 2011

Good Sam Show 2011

I am totally behind in posts, My Realitty already posted about the show (she was able to make the rounds with Doris, minimodernistas, who will hopefully be in the show next year), and Modern MC's description is a must read. I had a great time with her and mini2b at the show on Saturday, and then came back on Sunday to be groupies with My Realitty. Here are some of my highlights. Erik Goddard had these really cool room boxes: converted urban loft, art gallery, and modern loft. I love the views he creates out the windows, too. My Realitty and I got a chance to hang out with him after the show, super nice guy, it was a pleasure to meet him. Check out his website for more photos and info: www.erikgoddard.com



William Maranville from Livermore, CA was back this year with more incredible handcrafted turnings and carvings from wood and stone. Bill shares a booth with his wife Barbara Stanton who does really cool miniature oil paintings. I didn't take enough pictures but you can see her work is on her website barbarastanton.com. Bill's contact info is (925) 373-9638 email microangelo (at) earthlink.net. Bill and Barbara are so nice, they're always fun to talk to.


I think it's kind of funny that I was drawn to many of the vendors I've purchased from before. Gilbert Mena was there this year, I love his wood turnings and little boxes. He doesn't have a website, but he's out of Valencia, CA. T: 661-259-5350 E: gilmena (at) webtv.net

I bought one of the zebra vases from Troy Schmidt from Santa Barbara, CA, Red Dragon Pottery. My pictures didn't come out so these are from his website reddragonpottery.com/mini.htm. Troy makes gorgeous wheel-thrown porcelain on a full sized potter's wheel.


I got to meet Paul and Susan Osze this year. Again, more really nice people, and another couple that shares the passion for minis. They made the cool garage and condo last year. I took too long talking and missed taking pictures before they packed up, but they had a cool room box with a Kaleidoscope House Jasper Morrison couch, and the "World of Tomorrow" room box with cool audio and video elements. It was impressive to say the least. The photo is from their website, but you have to check out their video of the room. Their website for more of their work is boingdragon.com/miniatures/

My Realitty and I stuck around with our backstage passes for autographs. :P We had a great time hanging out and rubbing elbows. She had brought her new Brinca Dada Dylan House and she let me borrow it! I'll post photos soon. Peter Tucker and PRD Miniatures pictures coming next.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I am so glad I went! CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Gilbert Mena somehow. We need to get together again, man.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.