Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mini Adventures

Today was such a treat. It was so nice meeting mini2b and Susan in person, and seeing My Reallity again. (Colette and Daphne joined us for tea as well).

Mini2b surprised me with the White Ribb Chaise from PRD Miniatures, it is going to look fabulous next to the new pool. Thank you, mini2b!! Susan brought all of us little goodies from the north. Thanks Susan! I threw the two portraits, mini ship, magnifying glass (that makes a great frame) and Canadian flags :) from Susan into the Antrim with the couch and chair that My Reallity had given me when we first met. The coffee table is a frame I bought on our trip to the SF MOMA Museum Store. I plan to add legs to make it more to scale. I hadn't realized how difficult it is to photograph clear polished acrylic. TV and side table are from SF MOMA Modern Playhouse, rug is A.G. Minis.

We all picked up some fun minis at the museum store. My Reallity spied this great book "Case Study Houses" by Elizabeth A.T. Smith that I had to pick up. She remembered that I have aspirations to build Case Study House #22. Here is just a photo of the book, but I'll post more on this project another time. Also coming soon... Mini2b loaned me a stack of magazines with some really interesting articles and pictures of modern miniatures that I'll scan and blog later.


For those that couldn't make it, we plan to have more mini adventures in the future. Well, actually next weekend. Tom Bishop San Francisco Bay Area Show is July 30-31. My Reallity and I are going Friday night. Drop me a line if you want to meet up. Until the next mini adventure... :D

5 comments:

  1. I`d Be On Vaction In San Fran Then, so I Might Go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you ladies had a blast! I'd be curious to hear about what modern finds are at the show this weekend. Wish I could come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Payton - I left all of the details on your blog as well. Hope you can join us.

    Hey Callsmall - Wish you could come too!

    ----

    Here is all of the information on the miniatures show this weekend. I have not been before, but I've heard it will be a smaller show, and I don't know now many "modern" miniaturists will be there, but I'll bring my camera and see what fun minis we can find.

    www.bishopshow.com/sfo.htm

    Tom Bishop presents the 2010
    SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
    MINIATURES SHOW

    Clarion Hotel San Francisco Airport
    401 E. Milbrae Ave.
    Milbrae, CA 94030

    Saturday, July 31, 2010
    10 am - 4 pm
    Admission: Adults $6.00
    Children under 12 - $3.00 (No Strollers)

    Exclusive Preview Show & Sale
    Friday, July 30 - 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
    Tickets Available at Door - $12.00
    Includes Early Buying Privileges and 2 Day Admission

    I'm going on Friday night around 8pm. Feel free to email me [modernminihouses (at) gmail.com] and I'll send you my cell phone number if anyone wants to come on Friday night.

    Mini smiles,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to meet you and Mini2Be yesterday. We had such a lovely time, but it was hard t get Daphne away from the Andy Warhol Elvis. She thought he looked like someone she knows.I will have to make her a mini of it.

    Great Day! Thank you for arranging it.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone, including Daphne and Colette, and visiting the MOMA. It was especially nice talking to adults who do not think you are a little crazy!! See you online.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.