Saturday, April 24, 2010

KidKraft Designer Dollhouse

I have to send a HUGE Thank You to KidKraft for building a truly modern kids dollhouse. The KidKraft Designer Dollhouse is 33.54" x 13.58" x 45.66" and 39 lbs, 1:6 scale and perfect for Barbie. Darn it! If only it came in 1:12 then I'd really be jumping for joy, but at least I know what my daughter's first dollhouse will be.


I love the couch and Flos Arco Floor lamp, and the faux orange Arne Jacobsen "Egg" chairs. The kitchen furniture is clean lined but dull compared to the modern Hoppy style bar stools and Eero Saarinen Tulip Table & Chairs in the dining room. Besides the great modern bed and nightstand, the bedroom boasts a faux Eero Aarnio Bubble Chair. Too cool!

I love the spiral staircase and the ultra modern bathtub. The Designer Dollhouse scores 5 stars from reviews on Amazon. It takes about 1-2 hours to assemble, but people are surprised by the quality and think the pictures don't do it justice. I own a KidKraft garage, kitchen, train table and train set for my son, and I'd agree that KidKraft makes durable and quality products, and has great customer service. This will definitely be in my, er um, I mean my daughter's dollhouse collection. Price ranges from $102.54-$170 depending on where you shop.

(all images from Sears.com)

2 comments:

  1. Love that silver spiral staircase. I am thinking some of this could maybe find it's way into your scenes. I'll officially ask to see if it is interchangeable to give you a good cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is great! I've seen some photos, and sort of skimmed over it before-- I never realized all the furniture was included! Usually wooden furniture looks pretty clunky, but I like how streamlined and nice this is. And the staircase is fab! Thanks for sharing photos! (ps, I recently found your blog through the NY times article, and I'm so glad! Love it!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.